8 More Days!!!!!
Okay......I am official! I have started to waddle, started to take forever to get out of bed, get stuck sitting on the couch, bras DO NOT stay on because my stomach has practically blended into my 2 tennis balls and these maternity shirts are too short! Wow, I have hit the mark of hurry it's time to have this WILD kid! I say wild because he literally kicks the crap out of me. My doctor always comments on how hard he moves. He says he's never seen anything like it before.We are trying to get it on video, it's so crazy! I think I am carrying Rocky,no joke! But I only have 8 more days left to go!Yipee!Hoorayyyy! I am not miserable all the time just mostly at night when I am trying to go to sleep. All in all, May 4th will be here before I know it and I'll be under the knife meeting him for the first time. Thank goodness for c-sections so I can have these HUGE babies.




62 comments:
yee your almost done! i have mixed feelings on c-sections. i have had 2 but i really wish i could have expreianced a natural childbirht (with drugs of course) oh well i guess it just wasnt meant to be for me.
i totally remmeber feeling so miserable like you are now. nights were always the worst!
good luck and i cant wait to see pics of your little guy!
Yippee! I am so excited. The best part is that I will be in the Happiest Place on Earth when you deliver. What a great day!
I had to take a deep breath for you when I read that. I felt like all I did when I was prego was take deep breaths!
I love pushing babies out! I think I would be scared to have a c-section, even though I know everything would be ok. It is just the idea of surgery I guess. You guys are pro's!
How exciting!
Natural child birth is overrated! Especially if you rip!
Can't wait to see the pictures, good luck! :)
Thanks for the visual Nichole! Owwwie! I haven't needed an episiotomy for either child so I love it. Drugs are involved of course. I think if I had a scheduled c-section, and had time to prep for it, I would ask for a mirror. I think it would be crazy to see all my insides on my outsides!!! I had a friend do it and she said it was awesome. Kevin would pass out.
I agree episiotomy's are killer. I have had THREE! The first delivery the nurse told me not to look down "there" since I was swollen as big as a football because I was cut and torn. How's that for a visual???? (Eaton's have big heads).
My labor was great, but it's the recovery that no one tells you about. It sucked! I can't imagine having an episiotomy on top of that. Yuck!
Thanks girls for all these visuals!!! I am trying not to get too nervous. I am counting on you guys for moral support and all I get is talk about SPLIT CROCH!:)
OH, I just laughed my head off Tiff!
Stacey, didn't you have a #4 tear, or whatever it is called? I kept thinking about you when I was pushing with Spencer, no joke. It was all for not because I didn't even need stitches for both kids. Sorry girls!!! I'm the girl you hate. I think I just jinxed myself for my next!
The Dr. said that I had a "slight tear" both times. Then why wan't I able to sit or stand without pain for a week! And forget going to the bathroom!
My second was SOOO much easier!
A C-section is probably sounding pretty good!!
Hard to believe that we keep going back for more!
Yes, they divide the area where you can be cut/torn into 4 quarters, one being the smallest, 4 the worst. I had a four, and then I ripped even more up into the anus. I was still bleeding at 6 weeks. But I don't hate you for that Kjersten. What I am mad about is that I have hyperemisis during pregnancy. With Emma, I threw up at LEAST 250 times, if not more. THAT is not fair. It is crazy that we keep doing it. (Except for Nichole and Candace. :)
I hope no boys are reading this.
Went to Doctors today for my last appt. and he said baby is measuring 9 POUNDS!! We'll see! I am not sure if I would rather have a tear or be cut wide open? I am sure both are just bad,bad,bad! I have an old huge scar from a surgery I had in 2001 and the scar is a little below my belly button down to you know where. Before they do the c-section they have to cut it out and cut to get baby out. They had to do it last time w/Paige. It's not as bad as you think butt it's not too fun either! I cant believe it's next week...yippee!
I feel so close to you girls,now that I know about your tears! Thanks!:)
I actually crave the birthing/hospital experience. I know, I am crazy. Don't worry though, I am NOT having 10 kids!
Stacey, you are a champ! Aren't you gearing up for another? Good luck with that!
Tiff, I can't wait to see your new baby whale! Do you think he will just walk out? Belly scars are beautiful. Just think what came out of them. I love the Dove commercial when they show the lady with the c-section scar.
taylor was reading over my shoulder at all your comments and was like gross what are you guys talking about. i just laughed.
kj-i also love the hospital/birthing experiance, all the excitment to meet your new baby, everyone taking care of you and making sure your comfortable. its just so fun, the pain is not. thats gotta suck to tear during birht. i was alsways worried about that, but i ended up being cut open twice. the second was way easier for some reason. but recoveries still hurt. trying to go to the bathroom after a c-section isnt easy either. your abdominal muscles have been cut open and you have really nothing to push with. man, women have to go through so much! sometimes it seems like the boys get off easy...
Didn't you fall trying to get up a few stairs right after you had Derek? That freaked me out! I was thinking there is no way I could have a c-section because I am so wimpy!
Just make sure Tay doesn't read the waxing post!!!
yea i did fall, i totally forogt i had no stomach strenght and tried to clomb up a samll rocky hill in fron of our apt. stupid me. and as i was falling i thought id would be better if i lunged myself forward to the concrete...bad idea. taylor came running out of the apt when he heard my cries and called me a moron (in a good way, he was really upset and concerned, thats just the first thing out of his mouth.) haha
TIFFANY, my friend Stephanie had her baby. She called me at 9 this morning and said she thought she was in labor and was going to the hospital to get checked. She asked me to do her daughters hair for her dance pictures in an hour. When her sister and Savanna, her daughter, came over I asked if they had left for the hospital yet. Then she said, "The baby is already here!" They got to the hospital, she was a nine and delivered 5 minutes later!!!!!! They were only at the hospital for 15 MINUTES!!! Can you believe that! Good thing she changed doctors for this baby. If she would have gone to the other hospital she would have had her baby in the car! She went into labor at 7am too. Short labor AND delivery! I don't know the details yet, but her name is Tyler Grace Holbrook. They figured they would name the baby after the daddy since, after 4 girls, they probably wouldn't have a boy. Cute cute! Sorry about the novel!
I like the name Grace, or Gracie, for a girl. (Or Lily). And Noah or Jack for a boy. How about everyone give their favorites so I can steal some.
Kim Giamusso and Chris Newman have a Gracie. Rob Bechtol has a Noah and so does Ms. Rice (Mrs. Hiller). Popular names!
I love Brooklyn but Billy hates it. He wanted a Luke and I wanted a Lucas!
Let me know if you really want to freak Taylor out and I will write about the blood clots!
Believe it or not, I really love the hospital experience too, everything but the no sleeping post baby part. I have Group Beta Strep and I had to stay an extra day each time.
Off topic- I saw Cameron yesterday and his little boy Braden, cute!
hey nichole, do you see kim often i worked with her for a few years at west valley. i love her! maybe we will meet in person at her wedding this year! =)
for girls names i also like lily. i like isabella grace but we would call her elle or elli. our other current girl name fav is either clohe hendrix or zoe hendrix. i have always had a harder time with girls names, my favorites change so much!
I have a few favorites names, but I am not about to share them. I am gearing up for baby #2 and would be so sad if I couldn't use them. I know that sounds totally immature, but there was a name I loved and we almost used if for Caden, but when we had him it just didn't fit. So I shelved it thinking I could use it on the next one and two people I had told wanted to use it.
Plus, I don't like telling people the names I like because then you open them up to all types of criticism. Not everyone will like the names that you pick, and that is ok.
Shut up!!! That is crazy Kissy! Tell Stef I said congrats and I cant believe she beat me!Crazy girl! That is such a huge story to ell people,she will never forget that.Wow, I am in shock and I am sure you were too!I want to shock you, maybe I will someday. Thats awesome!
I had an emergency c-section which at the time was really scary, but the recovery for me was EASY! To be honest...I will prefer c-sections every time now. I am scared to death to do the whole pushing thing, especially because of the ripping. We all know I have had enough trauma down there to last a lifetime.
Stacey - I feel so bad that you throw up your entire pregnancy. It makes getting pregnant a much bigger deal because you already know you have to sacrifice so much. It is all worth it though, right? I am pretty lucky when it comes to pregnancies. I never threw up at all, not even once and I carried Caden so high I never had to buy new pants. Wore the same jeans the whole time, but I was in maternity shirts pretty early on.
tara- i dont think it is immature..i was hesitant to share mine because of the same reason! so if any of you take one of my names before i do, just know i will still use it and this blog is proof i like it first. haha! so how soon does gearing up mean tara??
Tara-not a bad idea at all!My cousin did that.Didnt say a word about the name until the day baby was born.
His fam was so frustrated at him but he didnt want to hear anyones thoughts at all.He and his wife had their minds made up and NO one was going to change that.
Hey off the subject but I have a question.How are mom's supposed to dress?I had someone come up to me and tell me that I should dress more like a mom and not a fashion statement.WHAT!!!!!!I was totally shocked. I really dont know this person real well but I promise I dont dress like a slut.It didnt really bother me but it leaves me wondering.......are we supposed to dress in a certain way because we are moms and we have images or should we dress however we want as long as its modest(which I do)??? I like to wear all the fun jewelery and fun tops and shorts.One of my fav stores is Forever 21.Even though I am a mom I would like to stay some what hip. Is that wrong?
My Hailey is also named Ellie. (I changed my mind afterwards and had to go to a lawyer and everything. She has two seperate names on her birth certificate.) And Tara, you should keep your names to yourself, but don't think you can't use them if someone else does. Chances are most of our children will never even meet!
Anyway, Tiffany, tell your "friend" to shove it. I think that moms go through different phases where they want to dress/look motherly, or cutesy, or even sexy hot. (I think this also applies to hair, which is why so many pregnant woman chop it!) All seasons in life are fine, but I don't think we need to critisize other moms. Thats lame. Last but not least:
a)I wouldn't wish my morning sickness on my worst enemy. It is torturous!
b)I talked to Cameron a few times this last week. My mom figured out that we are related. (That is Steele we are talking about, right?)
c)Let's hear about blood clots. Are you talking size?
Stacey-We did the same thing with Caden. I was in the hospital for five days (c-section) and each day he had a different name. I just couldn't find one that I felt fit his sweet little face. We never had to change his birth certficate though. We just put it aside until the very last moment when we had to fill it out to take him home with us.
I actually saw Cam too the other day at a v-ball game. That is the first thing he said to me is that you and him were related. Strange coincidence!
PS- That makes me sad to think that our children will never have fun times together like so many of us did. Probably true, but makes me sad.
Mandy - Gearing up means that I am "thinking" about it whereas before I wouldn't even entertain the idea. I am getting old and need to get working on it!
i bet scott is happy! hasnt he wanted another since right after caden was born?
I can say that the girl who told me that is not a friend(thank goodness).She was kinda someone random. I love to dress up whenever and however I want.Up here in Kennewick,its alot different than Vegas. More laid back and not as flashy if you know what I mean.No one really cares about name brands but that will change because we are getting so much more shops and stuff.So getting dolled up everyday like I do isn't too popular.O'well I just pretend I still live in Vegas :)
Yes, Scott tried to talk me into another one shortly after Caden was born. The oldest four kids in his family are all within five years of each other. Crazy! I don't know how his mother did that when they were little, but it is so much fun now. We have such a good time when we are together and Scott has always wanted that for our children. I already told him if he would hire me a nanny and a shrink then I would pop them out one right after another.
Okay, I have been away from blogging and have missed all these conversations. So, here's my 2 cents:
I tell people the names I like. You can't have the same names in your family, but I think friends are okay. How often do you see them, and are the same age? C'mon! Even though I did steal Tyler from Stacey. I asked you if it was okay, right?
My next boy is going to be Colton "Cole" James Johnson, and the girl is going to be Ella Kay Johnson or Kamry Alyse Johnson. Both have family ties. Maybe I will be able to use all three at one time, so then I can close up shop! Hopefully my sister reads this and takes note just in case she gets pregnant before I do! The race is on because we like a few names that are similar.
Melissa-If I had told you to not use Tyler, I hope you would have punched me. That is just ridiculous, everyone can use whatever they want in my opinion. :)
My Grandma Tingey had her first 7 kids in 7 years......and then went on to have 5 more. NUTS. I like your names Melissa. Can I pretend that the middle name "Kay" is for me.:)
Whoa! I have been gone too long too! Tiff, that chick is psycho! I always want to dress fun! It makes me feel good!
Nichole, tell Kimmy to send me an announcement!!! I want to see her so bad! When is she getting married!
I have a really hard time coming up with names! I think I will use my Aunt Aleda's name for a middle name of my next girl. It is really different, but she is a great lady and has never been married or had children. I think it would mean alot to her.
Oh yea, Nichole, I thought you were done! Are you reconsidering?
Heres something funny...I have a sister named Tiffany also!Yikes!My real dad had 3 kids his first marriage(thats where the 1st Tiffany came in) and then my he married my mom and yep theres where I the 2nd Tiffany come in.Crazy! I have never met her before.She doesnt really lke me because of that.Talk about same names. :)
melissa- I hope youre okay with me naming my little boy Ty?
Yeah, I don't care! Like I said, friends can share names, but family cannot!
'Kay' is my mom's middle name and it is also Jake's dad's middle name. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone! And of course for you Stacey! :)
At least its not Tyler...just Ty.I think its two different names.I really wasnt too worried about it. People do keep asking me though whats his real name...Tyler,Tyson or Titan? I always say just plain Ty. Then people ask if hes named after Ty Dentmer(the BYU player,he won the Heinsman Trophy a while back)and he is partially named after him.Terry is a huge fan.Whats REAL funny is that a few of the BYU football players from this year have named their kids Ty. It must be his year.Like you cared I just have no idea what else to write blah blah blah!
Man I really write stupid stuff sometimes.I go back and read it and realize DUMB :)
Hey Mel by the way Terry said the same thing you told me the other day on the phone. We were talking about the reunion and he said"why waste the $90 bucks when all I am going to do is sit there and watch you running around talking like crazy" I laughed! You two were thinking alike!:)
Wow, I missed a lot too!
No more babies for me! I have an IUD and I am loving it! I love that my kids are getting bigger! Is that bad?
Yes, I was talking about Cam Steele, I have ran into him at the new Chili's the last two times I have been there.
I haven't seen Kimmy since December. We don't hang out, we have mutual friends. I am going to a baby shower for Melissa Langager on Saturday and she might be there? If she is, I will tell her to mail you an announcement Kj. I actually was better friends with Chris in HS than Kimmy, but we were friends too, soccer.
The blood clot...
about 2 hours after I had Jaylin, I got up to pee, and as I was attempting to sit down on the toilet, a blood clot the size of a grapefruit fell on the floor. Many smaller ones followed. The dr. said I let my bladder get too full. I left it for the nurse to clean up!! :) You asked Stacey!
Tiff- wear what ever you want...forget that girl, I bet she is just jelous of you!
Oh my gosh Nichole! That is the NASTIEST story I have ever heard!!! My once really naieve (sp) aunt, Taylors mom, passed a really big blood clot and she called the doctor and told him she passed her liver!!!! She was dead serious!!! I think I peed my pants a little from laughing so hard when I heard that story. Also, my email is kjbailey79@gmail.com. You can give it to Kimmy if you talk to her!
So are Tiff and Mel, are your hubbies not going to the reunion? Maybe they should come, but not go to the dinner. They can just go to a movie or something while we yack our faces off at Sams Town.
No, Jake is not coming. I don't want to pay $90 for him to follow me around sighing the whole night. I don't think he would have fun, and I don't want to put him through that. He can see Cam and Taylor and all the guys at the BBQ. Wouldn't it be more fun if just all us girls went? Then we can yack all night!
And Melissa L. is having a baby? We didn't get along so much in high school, but we had fun hanging out with Cam and Jake after HS. I remember going to the movies with her and Jake. He thought he was a pimp taking 2 Mel's to the movies. Geek!
Billy says that he doesn't want to go either, I think in part he is kidding. He knew more people than me. I think the ticket prices go down after 9, I can find out if you want. As soon as we get there, I plan on getting a few beers in Billy, then he will have fun! Just gotta get these mormon boys drinking! ;)
Mel L. got married about a year ago in NYC, he is from Manhattan and I believe they just bought a place in Soho. They are having a baby girl, not sure of the due date.
There were a lot of girls that I didn't get along with in HS! Billy says I was mean!
Wow I can't believe Mel L. is having a baby. Hey Kissy-I still talk to Brandy every so often, I'll have to ask about wedding details.And that story about Shauna is way funny.I laughed so hard a little pee came out:)I pretty sure Terry isn't coming to the reunion.I get ALOT more talking done when he's not around.
Billy better come,he's apart of our class too.I wonder if it's as fun for the guys as it is for girls?
Wow, my Nathan doesn't want to go either. Maybe we should do a girl thing. 2 days later my kids have school, so maybe I should just drive down myself and let Nathan stay with the kids???
And yes, the grapefruit story is way nasty. I knew they can be huge like that. Grandma Tingey's uterus came came halfway out when she had number 12!
the last time i talked to kimmy ( a few weeks ago) her wedding has been set for october 13. it is going to be in someones backyard in the northwest, i forget whos.
hey tiff, did you know all that crazy medical stuff that is going oon with brandy? she had to get like a pacemaker and stuff from what kim said. it sounded crazy!
wow 12 kids? i dont think my body (or my sanity) could take 12 kids. i guess that is waht you did back then though!
WOW!!!
So Jake isn't coming at all or he isn't coming to the Sam's Town thing? Kev might be a little disappointed that no husbands are coming. I think he wants to come so he can rent a sweet car! ;) I swear he says that joke EVERYTIME I talk about the reunion. Probably because I still laugh everytime!
If he didn't come I would be up talking until who knows when!!!! With all us girls together it will be dangerous!
No, he is coming down for the weekend. Just not to the actual reunion.
Mandy-yes knew about all Brandys med problems.She was sick for a long time.Seems like now shes doing better.She actually was on a breathing machine because she was so sick.I keep trying to call her but she never returns phone calls.
Brandy is still having problems? That is crazy. Too bad.
THREE MORE DAYS!!! Ready or not, here he comes. Yippee!
I am so excited!!! :) :)
Push him out. Push him out, waaaay out! I mean cut him out! I just thought I would give you a little Bill Cosby Himself to think about in the hospital!
Dad is great...
Did you teach your hubbie how to post, so that he can let as all know when it happens?!
yeah the baby will be here tomorrow!! how exciting!!! better have a good last meal since you wont get to eat for awhile!!! =)
Post a Comment